Find out more about the process for the school admissions arrangements for Derby:
- Primary Admissions Handbook - the handbook includes information on the number of places available at our school and a breakdown of the categories of children offered a place in previous years.
- You can also read the Applying for a Primary School Place Leaflet which provides information regarding the application process for your child.
- We recommend that you learn more about our school by visiting us, we would be happy to show you what we have to offer!
How to apply
You can make an application from 6 November 2019. The closing date for online applications is 15 January 2020. If the closing date has passed, you can still apply however any applications made after the deadline date will be classed as late and will be considered after all on-time applications have been processed.
When applying for a place, remember:
- Most schools in Derby city have catchment area criteria. Children living in the catchment area are given a higher priority when places are offered.
- The admissions process for children with a Statement of Special Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan is different. More information can be found on our Special education needs assessment page.
The quickest and easiest way to apply is online. You can also apply by telephone on 01332 642730. Alternatively, you can request a paper application using the same telephone number.
If you have not been offered a place at Meadow Farm, your child will automatically be put on the waiting list. All oversubscribed schools have to maintain a waiting list until December 2020. The council maintain waiting lists for most schools for one academic year. If you wish for your child to remain on the waiting list, you must contact them by 31 July 2020