Year 2 - The Little Einsteins
The Little Einstein class consist of 19 clever, ambitious pupils with a thirst for new knowledge.
Take a look at our exciting class page to find out what we've been learning.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let Miss Coburn know!
📆 Autumn 2 Dates for the Diary 📆
- 11th November – Remembrance Assembly
- Week commencing 11th November – Anti-bullying week
- 15th November – PSDA assembly and workshop
- 15th November – Children In Need (dress in your pjs)
- Week commencing 24th November – Virtual Book Fayre
- 4th December – Discovery Squad Christmas Assembly
- 5th December – Parent Coffee Morning TBC
- 9th December – St Mary’s Christmas Assembly
- 11th December – Christmas Lunch
- 11th December – Key stage 1 Firefighter Visit
- 17th December – Year 1 & 2 Christmas Performance
- 17th December – Year 1 & 2 Party afternoon
- 20th December – Christmas Jumper Day & BREAK UP!
🔥 Fire! Fire! 🔥
📚 Twisted Tales 📚
The children made a shocking discovery in key stage 1! They found a den in the corridor with lots of suspicious items in. Amongst the den we found hay, twigs and a brick! We then discovered some diary entries that told us that this creature had eaten not only a grandma and little girl but also three pigs! It didn’t like the tails or ears as they were gristly so he spat them out in this den! Disgusting!
After looking closely at all the evidence, our little detectives decided that our visitor had to be THE BIG BAD WOLF!
Throughout the topic the children were sent a number of Science and Design and Technology challenges from the Three Little Pig's cousins. They were relieved when they received a letter that explained that the Big Bad Wolf had finally been caught! To celebrate they had a Fairy Tale dress up day and a tea party.
🏠 Homework 🏠
At Meadow Farm we are committed to establish strong links between home and school. We know that children who are supported at home by family achieve well. As well as other enrichment activities, we know that homework plays a positive role in raising a child’s level of attainment. Therefore, we ask that you plan time in during the week to encourage your child to complete homework tasks. In year 2 we will send homework out on a Friday and expect it to be handed in by the following Thursday to be marked.
The homework expectations in year 2 are as follows:
- Reading - Please listen to your child read and sign their reading record 3 times each week. Reading with your child gives them confidence to read in school– please correct reading errors where possible and ask questions/have discussions about the story and characters. Please also encourage your child to go on Reading Eggs each week to complete their homework task. Please record any Reading Egg Activity in their reading records.
- Spelling – Please encourage your child to practise their spellings each week. Use the speller’s homework menu (in homework folder) for fun ways to practise spellings at home!
- Maths – A maths activity will be sent home each week for your child to complete. This will be something relating to the learning they have completed in class, so it is a chance to practise and apply their new skills.
👩💻 Useful Websites 👩💻
📃 Letters 📃